PMDD: It's Not Just PMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome!

Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:26 am by PMDD: It's Not Just PMS

Thanks for stopping by! 

Take advantage of our chatbox at the bottom of the page.

Click Login to the right of the Chatbox to start chatting with other users in real-time or to leave a message.

Comments: 0

Latest topics
» Bipolar misdiagnosis
Could you have a progesterone intolerance? EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 7:27 pm by MamaNikkiP

» Gained 70 pounds in 8 months from Yasmin!
Could you have a progesterone intolerance? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 1:43 am by Linsomnie

» Effexor
Could you have a progesterone intolerance? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 1:41 am by Linsomnie

» Do you have suicidal thoughts more than twice a year because of PMDD?
Could you have a progesterone intolerance? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 1:33 am by Emiliana

» Do you have more than 7 "good" days a month?
Could you have a progesterone intolerance? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 1:30 am by Emiliana

» Could you have a progesterone intolerance?
Could you have a progesterone intolerance? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 1:24 am by Emiliana

» Candidiasis, or chronic yeast - tips
Could you have a progesterone intolerance? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 1:17 am by Linsomnie

» Brain fog??
Could you have a progesterone intolerance? EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 1:10 am by Linsomnie

» Atypical PMDD?
Could you have a progesterone intolerance? EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 4:48 am by Linsomnie

Could you have a progesterone intolerance?

2 posters

Go down

Could you have a progesterone intolerance? Empty Could you have a progesterone intolerance?

Post  Linsomnie Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:20 am

Here is a link to a website article by Professor John Studd, a doctor who has written many articles about PMDD.

At the bottom of the article, it talks about progesterone intolerance (or progestogen intolerance). Since one of our admins, Emiliana, is having such a difficult time trying to find a decent PMDD treatment that does not involve the use of progesterone (which she so obviously is intolerant to and you can see what we mean if you visit the forum thread in which she talks about her treatment failures), Haniska and I started doing some serious research on it. This forum is dedicated to what we found, and any comments are welcome! nodding yes 

Linsomnie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Could you have a progesterone intolerance? Empty Re: Could you have a progesterone intolerance?

Post  Emiliana Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:21 am

I woke up this morning and had a huuuuuge load of stuff to read, thank you linsomnie and haniska :<3: 

Very comforting, it's really interesting it's already been recognized, and also, my gyn knows I have it and yet she keeps prescribing me progesterone, in combination with estradiol, sure, but I react violently to any tiny amount of progesterone, I mean, I'm already intolerant to the progesterone my body produces. So the plan now, if I get the hyst is to after that treat me only with estradiol, the menopause that is. So that way I would never have to take progesterone again. So it all makes sense, and it's what I've been saying to gyns all along.

I'm gathering all unfinished progesteron pills and spray to check exactly what I've been taking... I've got quite a few things there, I guess if I'd take them all at a time I'd just slit my wrists and be over with all this poop  I'm serious, that's how suicidal I'd instantly get...

Let me check and list all the stuff in a sec.

Emiliana
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Could you have a progesterone intolerance? Empty Re: Could you have a progesterone intolerance?

Post  Emiliana Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:23 am

Ok so here goes:

Primolut = Norethisteron, 5mg tablets for 7-10 days when I was on estradiol treatment some ten years ago, took it to induce my period as the estradiol made it stop. Triggered the worst PMDD-symptoms I'd had so far.

Synarela = Nafarelin. Spray twice daily to shut down my ovaries, and then I was supposed to start taking Angelic as I started my period, I was supposed to get it once after starting on the Synarela.

Angelic = Estradiol 1 mg and DROSPERINON!!!!! 2 mg.

The Synarela immediately made me spiral into a severe depression, like, from the first time I sprayed it up my nose. I continued for five weeks as this was sort of the last resort and there were no options left.

I don't really know what the Angelic did to me, I was so 'poisoned' by the Synarela. I quit the Synarela, made an emergency call to my gyn, couldn't get hold of her but got instructions to get off it, continue with the Angelic and apply 1mg of Divigel daily. The Divigel immidiately made me feel better, I think, unless it was just getting off the Synarela. Who knows.

A few days later I talked to my gyn who prescribed me Qlaira, basically to keep my ovaries healthy as at that point she recommended a hyst which I may or may not get.

Qlaira, well the pill contains variable amounts of estradiol valer. (supposed to be sort of a natural estradiol) and Dienogest. The first days I took only estradiol, then five days of pills containing equal amounts of the two, then seventeen days of 2mg estradiol and 3mg dienogest. At which point, after nine days I think, I had worst case PMDD, I started to wish I'd have just 'regular' PMDD and went off it.

Proof enough of progesterone intolerance? I think so jumping mad 

Emiliana
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emiliana Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:24 am

I was on birth control pills when in my twenties and of course, no good for me. And already before that I looked for help for my severe PMS as I thought it was then, was prescribed a progesterone pill I don't remember what it was, made it worse. And the gyn said if that doesn't help with my PMS then nothing will. censored 

Oh those Evil or Very Mad  of physicians...

Emiliana
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum